Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Hydraulic boom issues

cold steel027 · 2024-07-20 21:12

I have a 2004 jcb 214 let me start by sharing my experience level is low with mechanical knowledge of heavy equipment of any kind. I was using machine and blew a hydraulic line, The machine sat for about 6 months (I only use this personally on my property). The line that busted was one that went up to the right stick, I had bought 7 hoses and was just going to replace all of them with higher psi hoses. It is very difficult to get them off where they attach under the machine, so I only replaced 2 of them. I'm saying this because I removed them all from the stick I marked them but I dint know if unhooking them will matter at all for info with this problem. After I hooked them back up, started the machine everything worked on the left stick as far as boom swing and the dip arm up and down. The right stick the bucket would curl and uncurl but the boom wouldn't move up and down at all. I talked to somebody and released one of the fittings on the hydraulic cylinder that works the Boom to bleed it when I tighten back up restart the machine everything still worked as before and the boom would move up but it would not move down. I have tried loosening the other line that's on the cylinder to no avail I don't even see fluid coming out of that line at all when i loosened it and I don't show any leaks anywhere else. I am at a standstill as far as what to do and hoping somebody could offer some helpful information thanks.

Replies8
  1. #1Coaldust2024-07-20 21:52

    Hello and welcome to the HEF. There may be air in the system that’s causing that. Check the service manual to see if there is a bleeding procedure. Or, maybe you installed the lines to the wrong ports. Maybe it’s low on hydraulic fluid. Don’t panic! We need you to calm down. Take a break and head over to the new member area for an introduction. We can chat about JCB’s or whatever else may be on your mind.

  2. #2cold steel0272024-07-22 11:54

    I'm terrible with navigating these forums. But yes head over to the new member area. Is it like an open chat ?

  3. #3cold steel0272024-07-22 12:01

    I'm sorry I just saw you posted that reply sat. I tried to set up to notify me if someone replied and I didn't receive an alert until just now Monday at 10:30 very frustrating

  4. #4Tinkerer2024-07-22 12:28

    Welcome to HEF, cold steel027 ! It isn’t a true chat session, a forum that new members can introduce themselves and tell us little bit about yourself.

  5. #5cold steel0272024-07-22 15:17

    Ok ty where exactly is the "new member area" ? I couldn't find any specific drop down that would tell me I'm in this area

  6. #6Coaldust2024-07-23 00:59

    Here ya go. Just click on this. No big deal. It’s just nice to hear from the new folks. We get tired of each others, same old stories and shenanigans. HeavyEquipmentForums

  7. #7Coaldust2024-07-23 01:03

    There realy isn’t many forums like this left. One or two large companies have purchased most of the car and pickup related forums. Same way with the various outdoor forums. All shells of their former glory. Every thing has migrated to other platforms. Another reason I like this place. Kudos to our moderators.

  8. #8cold steel0272024-07-23 12:22

    Yeah I just posted an introduction there thank you