Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Hydraulic breaker

Spangles ยท 2013-01-15 20:39

Experience and thoughts on best brand for backhoe loaders anyone? Having to purchase one as there's significant amount rock breaking to be carried out on a construction site which will last at least six months (road construction)

Replies8
  1. #1wosama931b2013-01-15 20:54

    Hi Spangles, what type rock are you bustin over there ?? sam.

  2. #2jimg9842013-01-15 20:58

    rental

  3. #3Spangles2013-01-15 21:01

    basaltic rock

  4. #4Spangles2013-01-15 21:03

    I'd love to but not an option where i'm operating.

  5. #5denver m farms2013-01-15 21:20

    Good brands would be imo, Npk, okada, and kent and some others but those are my top three. i don't know what size machine you have, but we generally run a 1500lb breaker on a backhoe. The last kent we bought new was about 15000$.

  6. #6Spangles2013-01-16 03:56

    Machine size is a volvo BL71 $15000 is a bit out of my finances at the moment - stretched to the limit

  7. #7denver m farms2013-01-16 21:36

    I was just saying that is what they cost new, you will find one alot cheaper they drop in value pretty fast.

  8. #8JS580SL2013-01-18 18:08

    I have a okada for the 580superN i operate, use it quite often and performs very well for a backhoe hammer. I think excavators are far better suited for any work that involves breaking hard ledge. Backhoe works well for light softer rock, concrete, smaller boulders, hot top if you have to.