Hello all, I have a hydraulic question about my boom function. When I go to raise the boom there is a delay, and sometimes I have to lower the boom so it will then raise. This really interferes with the digging function bc when I pull the stick in and raise the boom to dig the boom delays. I'm wondering if anyone has an idea of what the problem is. Tyia Erin
Have you looked at the spool? sounds like it might be debris in the spool causing it to not want to go one way.
Catfixer, Ty for the reply. I have not checked the spool. I'm assuming you are talking the spool valve on that connects to the cylinder? I'm not very familiar with hydraulic systems and have only had this ex a few months. I did swap the lines to deere controls and am wondering if that could make a difference. Ty Erin
Good day Chewy63 Did the problem become an issue after you switched the lines? if so it could be you have crossed the pilot lines. Where did you switch them behind the cabin of at the control levers (R.C.V)? We have some information regarding the Case product this is in PDF format, if you can drop a line to bucketsense@gmail we will try to help some more. Kind regards Uffex
Uffex, I'm not sure if it had the problem before I switched the lines. I wasn't familiar with cat controls and switched them 2 days later. I got a diagram from my case dealer that showed which lines to cross, plus the ones were already marked as well. Ty for the reply Erin
Good day Chewy63 We suggest we begin to establish if the pilot pressure is causing the problem, i you could connect a 600 p.s.i. gauge to the boom raise main valve - raise the boom and watch the gauge it should go up to about 560 p.s.i. at full lever movement (Note if there is some kind of delay). If you make this check and come back we will try to help some more. Kind regards Uffex
Uffex, i need to get a pressure gauge. Any suggestions on what gauge to get and any fittings I might need? Ty Erin
Good day Chewy63 You should be able to source a reasonable analogue 4" gauge from your local supplier, if you are just getting the one for general use order a 8500.p.s.i unit. This will make reading low pressures a little less accurate but I guess this will not be to important. You will need a high pressure hose and adapters to connect to your Case. The tread and connectors type I am not so sure but if your Case dealer is helpful he should be a good starting point. If you could email a jpg pic of your main valve chest we may be able to establish better info. E mail [email protected] Kind regards Uffex