Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Hydraulic concrete chainsaw

pondo ยท 2014-04-16 21:56

Hi Guy I am doing concrete demolition of machine bases ie large lathes and presses. Customer is having floors saw cut but only 10" depth and finding 15" thick floor plus foundation walls. I run mini ex with breaker and fight thru most of it...but real pain I have a gas concrete chain ICS that worked great outdoors on thick walls...would be great to make few cuts here or there....but motor runs two cycle on tons of oil 25-1. No way could be run indoors. The same manufacturer makes a hydraulic version.... But don't need it that much to justify Another $2500 saw... First can I run it off aux hydraulic off mini (just as hydraulic power Pack ) More than enough flow and psi... 2nd could I fab a system/saw using hydraulic Motor and steal bar chain off my current saw to make my own hydraulic saw? Thxs

Replies6
  1. #1old-iron-habit2014-04-16 22:17

    Any concrete cutting services in the area to come cut it for you.

  2. #2pondo2014-04-17 10:31

    Yes. There is lrg "professional " company that cuts the floor. They cut to depth of mostly 10". But that still leave me where they didn't feel like cutting all the way thru plus these are old factories with lots old piers and barried walls. Not complaining as this is always time and material but it is still frustrating to fight to do a job and customer is always watching

  3. #3Dualie2014-04-18 01:08

    i would find a better company

  4. #4old-iron-habit2014-04-18 17:51

    Our local company in little old Duluth cuts 36" with circle saws and have hyd chainsaws also. We do have some mills around with thick concrete though.

  5. #5pondo2014-04-19 10:17

    Hi old iron How do like hydraulic chainsaw? What model do u use ? How do u like it? What do u power chainsaw with? Thxs

  6. #6old-iron-habit2014-04-19 13:31

    We hire most of our concrete cutting out. I have never paid much attention to what equipment manufacturers they were using. I get stuck in the office way to much. I am traveling Monday but I will give them a call and see what I can find out for you. I sent you a PM with their web address. Good people there. You might give them a call.