I have an 07 d3 lgp dozer. I was driving it the other day and the hydraulic control arm snapped off in my hand. The new assembly runs at least $850. But it’s just the arm shaft that broke. Since it works when i use a pry bar, can I just weld it back together? Or is there somewhere I can just buy a shaft? Or shaft and handle? My wiring’s fine.
Can you post a pic. of the bottom part where it broke? It can probably be welded but the lower part probably has to come off so you don't cook any seals in the valve. Maybe it threads out? If there's room I'd put a sleeve over it to give it some reinforcement. Put the sleeve on but move it up towards the handle. Bevel the 2 broken pieces and weld them up. Then grind the weld so the sleeve fits over and weld the sleeve top and bottom. Another option would be to cut a sleeve into 2 halves with about a 1/4" gap on each side and run a weld that joins the sleeve halves as well as welding them to the lever.