Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Hydraulic coupling wear

dwloop ยท 2012-05-01 14:42

Two weeks ago while pulling hard on some stuff(stumps... Da%m stumps!!), the hard line that runs from the power beyond fitting, under the floor plate to the stabilizer spools began to spray when anything was done with the backhoe. It had been dripping a minor bit before, but now was really misting pretty heavy, it was a wear point from a holder missing and the line wearing against a bolt head in the transaxle. While removing it to braze it up I had to remove the coupling at the back of the tractor to the backhoe, and I found that the male half of the coupling had worn pretty bad. I replaced both sides of the coupling and the main hose this weekend. This wear, is left to get bad enough I would think could drop the flow of the line because it lets the coupling spread apart and not depress the valves that are internal to it. Just something to be aware on an older machine, as I am sure the mature mechanics here are aware of this happening. Those of us on the farm or ranch probably would never have thought of it when we have a slowing backhoe function. Some pics, everyone like pics!! Hope This Helps someone Dave

Replies0

No replies yet.