I am trying to get a cylinder rebuild kit for the steering cylinder. It’s a phase 1 580k 4x4, but everywhere I look asks if it’s after serial # **20000. But im not sure which it is, am I reading my serial number wrong, what I believe I see is **422591. Which is 8 #’s & the other is only 7. So would that be before or after?
Thanks Tinkerer, according do that it’s “the old style”. Would anyone happen to know where to get that rebuild kit? Every site I try only has for the after jj**20000.
Baum Hydraulics, website sucks, if you don't see it, give them a call and ask for Lee.
For most of the backhoe steering I've been into, the steer cylinders weren't repairable. Either they were damaged beyond repair or they got damaged beyond repair just trying to get them apart.
John C That really wasn’t what I was looking to hear. But at least you prepared me for the damage to my wallet.
Looks like you want rebuild kit N14622, e-backhoe shows them for $150.
45auto thanks
My steering cylinder is different from that in the picture. Mine has like 4 all thread type bolts on the outside that run from one end cap to the other.
The type of cylinder you are describing is usually found on 2wd models ??? Does this look like the one?
Yeah that looks like it, the best I remember. Maybe I’m confused let me take another look tomorrow & I’ll post on here to let you guys know.
Ok that’s my bad, that is not the hydraulic cylinder on my 580k. It has a hydraulic steering cylinder that has 3 Allen head bolts on the face of the cap that holds the gland on. Anyone know the part# for the rebuild kit? I can’t find it on the case parts store
If the the cylinder 45auto referred to isn't the one you have it is this one. The seal kit is 85805990 and available everywhere.
Thanks Tinkerer, I’m pretty sure the one 45auto mentioned is it. For some reason I was thinking mine had a different steering cylinder on it but after looking at it again I believe it matches that one. Thanks again guys
I've got the 85805990 seal kit on order for my 580M. The wiper on the left side is cut and protruding. I recently removed the tierod assemblies and don't think I applied enough force to cause the cylinder leak but it wasn't leaking before. Hopefully it's rebuildable.
N14622 Just ordered one from Brokentractor.com Case says this one is for the three bolt, pre 20000 serial #
Welcome to HEF, Wildraccon ! I like your username. Is there a story behind it hat you caused you to chose it ?
Maybe he just likes cuddling with the furry little bandits