Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Jcb 212s troubleshooting no forward or reverse

matthew murman · 2020-01-11 16:14

my 1997 jcb 212s won’t go into forward or reverse. It didn’t break anything, I was clearing some horse poop and when I shifted it from reverse to forward it just won’t go. Ive tested the switch on the gear shift and the selector on the steering column and they are both good. Where do I go from here? I don’t have a manual for it.

Replies5
  1. #1woodfirst2020-01-11 19:42

    Hi Mathew. To the left of your steering column you should have the fuse block behind a cover. There are relays there for Forward, Reverse , Parking Brake, lights etc. Try switching some of those around. They just pull out. I just had the forward fail on mine.

  2. #2matthew murman2020-01-11 19:51

    I found the fuse box and the relays, is there a schematic or diagram of which fuse/relay runs what? I dont have forward or reverse.

  3. #3woodfirst2020-01-11 20:35

    There should be a diagram of fuses on the cover to the fuses? What year is your machine? I can send you a picture of fuse diagram in the morning.

  4. #4matthew murman2020-01-11 21:06

    Nothing on my cover. my machine is a 1997. Thank you, I appreciate that.

  5. #5skata2020-01-12 00:47

    Corrosion can be a problem on the relays fuses or switches. Pull the relays out, switch them around if others are the same. Run your fingers along the top of the fuses. Sometimes wiggling them gets things working. Or pull each one out and reinsert. The clutch pedal switch could also be sticking. If your buzzer goes on when trying to move, the parking brake switch is stuck. This is all from my experience on an 90s jcb.