Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Hydraulic Cylinder on Lift Arms are lifting Unevenly – Cat 299D2 (Left Cylinder is 2″ higher than Right Cylinder)

uglyguy ยท 2023-07-19 09:06

When lift arms on lowered 100% on the ground , my left side touches the ground first (about 2") before the right arm catches up. Same thing when I raise the arms, the right Hydraulic Cylinder is always about 2" lower than the left until it is 100% raised to the top. Once it reaches the top, the right extends first and then the left catches up. Is there any way to adjust the Hydraulic Cylinder to make the rice and lower at the same height. Thanks!

Replies3
  1. #1Vetech632023-07-19 09:22

    The right and left cylinders will be tied together for up and down movement simultaneously. I would suspect something like your boom is bent or severe wear in a cylinder pin area.

  2. #2Mobiltech2023-07-19 10:05

    Most likely bent loader arms.

  3. #3Nige2023-07-20 15:27

    Er, hello. Same machine. Asked & answered. Cat Skid Steer Lift Arms Twisted, Racked and Cracked - What should I do? I dug a tree stump out of the ground with a Root Rake on my 299D2 and twisted my Lift Arms (I think). When I was digging it out, I felt something rack/twist. I know you should never do this, however I have done it hundreds of times with my previous 289C and never had any issues. I assume since... HeavyEquipmentForums