This was stolen in Nashville TN 12-16-2022. VisionLink transmitter was cut out within an hour of being stolen off a job site. If any one runs across it please let me know so I can contact my insurance company.
Sorry man, that really stinks. Its someone that knows what they are doing also- if they got the vision link transmitter that quick. Which means its probably 3 states away already and being parted out or on someones' farm that it will never leave.
All my equipment now has a second location transmitter
Damn! I hate thieves - should be shot on sight/site. How did they bypass the keypad? Did they have a code?
I don't know how they bypassed code. It is useless to lock up a machine. every one has a CAT key
It's a real shame that there are people out there who'd rather steal than earn an honest living. I'll definitely keep an eye out here in my area. It's a long shot, but you never know. Have you considered additional security measures for your equipment in the future. There are some pretty advanced GPS trackers out there that are hard to detect and disable. Stay strong, and I hope you get your CAT back or at least some closure soon.
All my equipment has a second hidden tracker
A simple Apple airtag will even provide a degree of tracking information and can be hidden in a lot of places on a machine.
No doubt. After my old truck was stolen at the auto brokers facility my new truck has one as well as other personal items. Cheap way to keep track of things.
A hidden switch placed in the brake release circuit will allow it to start (and make noise) but not allow it to be moved.
I don't know if you reported it to cat as being stolen but it might be a good idea. I plugged et into a machine and a big warning came up on screen that it was reported stolen showed to bosses,there was a lot of checking going on
They actually keep tabs on that now? Awesome.
Yes it was reported to my Cat dealer and Cat Financial
Do you remember approximately how many hours were on it?
Less than 250 hours
I just bought a used one of those yesterday at Thompson.......wrong serial though.
Welcome to the Forums TXR! Glad to have you. Thompson Tractor or Thompson Machinery?
Thompson Machinery.