Has anyone ever put one together ? One of the lube trucks the guys I work for have a hydraulic driven oil recovery pump and it works like a charm, especially when it's minus 40 out. I'm building a new truck and the body I have have doesn't currently have a waste system on it. I'm thinking of building a hydraulic one as I already have the pump for my compressor and crane. After some googling I got nowhere so my question is , has anyone ever built one or know where to get parts from ?
I've seen one, looked like a gear type flow divider, one section was hydraulic driven, the other section did the pumping. Basically a gear motor driving a gear pump in one unit.
What kind of oil are you useing in your hyd i would like to put a wench on my truck that alread has a pump for the dump bed but i hate to use hyd because of the way most hyd works in the cold. If you were closer and it would work i have a all hydraulic fuel truck that i am scraping it has vane pumps.
All the waste oil pumps I've seen were air operated diaphragm pumps. They aren't bothered much by chunks of metal you get every once in awhile and they can keep a suction on however long a hose you need. They are only about two foot square and you can plump them so they can pump either way. I used to have a guy with what looked like a fuel truck that had some kind of PTO drive pumping system on it. When I first saw it I was thinking septic tank pumper. Probably a little big for what you need.
I use an Arctic grade hyd oil... don’t know the spec off hand but I do know it was way more money than normal high quality oil. But I know what you mean, without it they sure growl in the cold for sure Space wise the air diaphragm pumps are fine. They are easy to hook up and relatively affordable. My dislike tho is gear or transmission oil for example at minus 40 is like tar and they simply suck at it. (See what I did there) The gear unit I’ve used simply doesn’t slow down in the cold. It doesn’t freeze up when moisture gets in the system either. If I’m ever stood next to the big old kenworth I’ll take some pics and get some details. The search continues
Take a look at this. Good company to deal with and they have a tech staff to talk to. https://www.surpluscenter.com/Hydra...wer-Hydraulic-Pump-Motor-Unit-PM23-9-8527.axd
A company I deal with has a big air compressor mounted on a trailer with 3 propane tanks. There are valves so the compressor sucks air out of the one tank like a septic pumper for the used oil and the valves can be turned to pressurize the other 2 for delivering various grades of oil.