Hello !! Im new in here so hello everybody!! . I'll try to explain in my bad engilsh. ( im from Norway, found this forum when i google. ) The problemmaker: Fermec 2000 mod type 965 , 71 kw , ser.nr SMFA44TC5Y9EE2390 In the town where i live, the gouerment ovn this maschine. It has been parked for 2 years now because of this problem. Many companies has tryed to fix it, but nothing helps. Total coust 25.000 Dollar... :-( When you start the tractor everything seems to be ok. When you try to start the hydraulick only beeping and the hydraulic is dead. The only thing that works are the hydraulic legs dont know the english word.. The seat switsh and the right handle bar is changed , but the problem is still there. The digging machine can sometimes work properly for 2-3 days and suddenly the problem coomes back and beeeb noice and the hydraulic is dead again for mounth. The maschine has now been standing for 2 years and i told them to bring it to my place so i can take a look. If somebody has "hint" or something to help i'll be very greatful. Gratings from Anders Haaby Norway.
Hello there! There's no problem with the hydraulic system, that's for sure. So you have Fermec 965 elektron, which means you have the joysticks attached to the bench, right? When you want to start using the hydraulics you must turn them on from the side panel (always after ignition or swivelling seat). Before you have turned the hydraulic on, you here the beebing noise. Does my memory serve me right? Knowing how poorly the machines electronics are protected, I'd guess the problemmaker is humidity. I'm pretty sure the problem isn't inside the cab, but somewhere under the machine, in the body. A connector has a bad touch, which causes the electronics to black-out. A small trouble but pain in the ass to find. I'm just amazed that the mechanics haven't found it... Best wishes from Finland Henri
Hello Finland I can activate the hydraulik switch and the led start to light up, but nothing works anyway.... no beeping today I checked the fuses and tryed to manually set 12 volts on the relays on the benk and found nothing bad... Pain in the as machine and nobothy in Norway knows anything, no electrical diagram no nothing..... I thought maybe some propblems whit the steering could cause this hydraulik problem so to night i checked thouse 4 pot meter on every wheel. 4.3 K.ohm on pin 1 and 3 and 2 k.Ohm when the wheels standing stright. The 4-wheel steering does not work either... aaahhhhhh.. Im really happy for all help i can get, if some of you understand my bad english.. I'm just a farmer from Norway , not an english teather
100 points Right
Fermec 965 Hi, Did you solve the problem. I have exactly same and I have no ideas left what to do? Br. Juissi
Hello everyone. 08.04.15 I was member from today. I am the new owner of these Fermec 965/2000mod. I haven't even got it in my yard, but I know there is problem with the hydraulic. Have any of you find the problem with these particular problem what was written before. Best r Petter Ellingsen
Dear I have same problem how you solved your problem ? Please help me..
Hi Have any of you been able to repair your fermec 965.Have one that has a failure in the control panel and nothing works. Best regards Bjorn
Hello, have any of you been able to sort this problem? My hydraulics are very shaky. Sometimes they dont work at all. It seems to happen mostly when the machine warms up, about 30 min - 1hr of running then it starts and gets really bad. In the video you can see how it is. https://youtube.com/shorts/SmBSIod6S_4?feature=share
Hi I have the same problem, got 5 error beep and only hydraulic legs work. Front bucket and backhoe don't work. On right joystick only clutch switch works. Any ideas what to check?
Have you had any luck with your machine?
I had this problem and the reason was some grease / **** dropping on top of the joystick's circuitboard. What I did: - unscrew 4 screws holding the joystick - unplug connectors from joystick - unscrew one little screw from bottom of joystick and take round plastic 'cup' away -> now you are looking the circuitboard and potentiometer slidesurfaces. I used brake cleaner and compressed air to clean everything. Thats it. Put everything back together and hope for the best.
Hi, yeah I have done that several times. I eventually sent the joysticks in to a company that rebuilds electrical components and they said that the sliding surfaces of the joystick's potentiometers are way too worn out. Potentiometer joysticks have a limited lifetime. So they could not do anything about it. Now I will get a guy who will rebuild the whole control system for me with new aftermarket joysticks and a touch monitor which can control everything. Once it is installed I will let you know if it was worth it. How ever the price of the whole new system is €300 more than buying just 2 new original joysticks. So if it works then a no brainer in my opinion.
Hello. Any news with your machine? Mine is still freezed - literally.
Hi, yes I have it and it seems to be working quite well now. So far no problems.
Did you install a new system? Can you refer to the guy that made the system?
He hasn't been on the forum since 2023.
Hello everyone, I’m completely new to the forum and I have a question. I recently bought a Fermec 965 from 1996 with joysticks, and I’m having some issues. Sometimes none of the hydraulics work except for the rear stabilizer legs. And even when everything works, I can’t figure out how to open or close the rear quick hydraulic coupler. For the front bucket, I have to hold the left button behind the joystick, and then I use the front buttons on the right joystick to open and close it — that works fine. But I can’t get the rear coupler to work at all. I’m not sure if something is broken or if I just don’t know the correct button sequence. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!
Unfortunately not many if any Fermec owners or former mechanics on the forum. You might be better to start a new thread asking about joystick problems with your machine.
I'm still not sure whether it's actually a problem or if I simply don't know what I'm supposed to click.
You could check with a Case dealer if they might have some manuals or service info. They bought Fermec. Perhaps a long time Massey Ferguson dealer too as that's who originally made the Fermec machines.
I have his original manual, but it doesn't explain in detail what needs to be done to move the rear hydraulic quick coupler.