Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Hydraulic fail

finisher ยท 2016-09-07 08:04

I have a 2006 140-H, the hydraulics bleed off on the left side when I put down pressure on it. A mechanic told me I had a resolver issue so I replaced the valve. It didn't help any. Any suggestions before I have to get CAT out here

Replies5
  1. #1lantraxco2016-09-07 11:55

    The most likely culprit is simply a bad piston seal in the cylinder, or a port relief valve. Esplain to your mechanic that resolvers only function on the pump side of the control valve, not the work port side. Or was it a work port relief cartridge you changed?

  2. #2Cmark2016-09-07 16:57

    Exchange the cylinder lines at the valve with its next door neighbour and see if it still drifts. If it does then the problem is in the cylinder. If it doesn't the problem is in the valve.

  3. #3Mark2502016-09-07 17:13

    if after following Cmarks's suggestion above and you find the problem is isolated to the control valve it will be the lock check valve as shown in the graphic below The retainer that holds the piston to the rod has been known to come loose in some of these machines mark

  4. #4Cmark2016-09-07 17:37

    The most common failure mode I've come across is the plug which retains the compensator valve comes loose and boogers up the lock valve pistons. No way to fix except to install a new valve slice.

  5. #5finisher2016-09-08 21:48

    Hey, you guys were right! I must have been in a hurry when I wrote the post. It was a compensator issue that caused the bleed off and goofy hydraulics on the left side. The plug had come loose and didn't allow the spring to do its job. The plug was damaged but as far as I can see nothing else was damaged. The resolver issue I found was the blade tilt. When I removed the signal check bolt I found a smashed spring and no check ball. I installed a ball and new spring. I'm just not sure what happened to the ball. Thanks again