Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Hydraulic fitting ID

JTWAT ยท 2024-10-17 17:56

I purchased one of those Orange skid steer mulchers from an auction. While going over it to make it as reliable as possible, I was hooking up the hoses and could not connect the motor return hose because both connections are male. I need to swap out the one on the mulcher with a female flat face coupler. The problem is I don't know what end is on the hose. Can anyone identify these fittings?

Replies6
  1. #1funwithfuel2024-10-17 19:06

    That screams German metric to me. Whether low pressure or high depends on diameter and thread pitch

  2. #2ozarkag2024-10-17 19:16

    European, DIN or BSP German metric would be the DIN

  3. #3funwithfuel2024-10-17 19:36

    BSPP has no o-ring, and has the inverted cone deeper in the swivel. So... all in on DIN.

  4. #4willie592024-10-17 19:47

    And the fun part of DIN? They come in light and heavy fittings, different size fitting for the same tube size.

  5. #5JTWAT2024-10-18 14:46

    I think I'll just cut the end of the hose off and start over with a pipe thread.

  6. #6Welder Dave2024-10-19 01:21

    I wouldn't go with pipe thread on something continuous duty like a mulcher. JIC or ORB would be a better option.