Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Hydraulic Flow and Float Function on A770 Bobcat

Oldtimer! ยท 2015-05-19 09:11

I would like to know if anyone can help with a question I have about the effect of the float function on attachments. Will the float function on a Bobcat A770 reduce the amount of hydraulic flow and pressure available for attachments, and if there is a reduction I would like to know the amount. Thank you for any help you can offer.

Replies7
  1. #1crewchief8882015-05-24 08:46

    just to be clear, are you asking if when you are using the aux functions, will engaging the boom float effect the aux flow output? aux flow has priority, as long as you havent deadheaded aux flow, lift and tilt function are not affected. curious what attachment are you running? what are you trying to do? :drinkup

  2. #2Oldtimer!2015-05-24 10:54

    Thank you for your response. I am by no means an equipment operator, and my way of thinking is probably wrong. I plan to use a snowblower to remove snow, and since I will not be able to see the ground because of the snow, the use of the float function seems to me would help maintain proper ground contact. I know the float function is not recommended in the forward direction and that I may have trouble with the front of the machine wanting to lift. I have been using this technique for years with an old 350 Case loader with good results. If I find this technique will work with the A770 I want to make sure the hydraulic flow to the snowblower will not be reduced while using the float function. Thank you again for time and input.

  3. #3crewchief8882015-05-24 11:27

    you'll be fine :drinkup

  4. #4JNB2015-05-24 11:58

    I think crewchief is correct. I've used float on and off quite a bit to follow ground contours when running a brush cutter and haven't noticed a problem.

  5. #5Oldtimer!2015-05-24 12:21

    Thanks for the feed back.

  6. #6crewchief8882015-05-24 13:37

    we advise our snow plow contract guys to use the float position with plows, snowblowers, sweepers and buckets. it cuts down on a LOT of equipment damage from hitting raised manhole covers, and parking curbs... :drinkup

  7. #7lantraxco2015-05-24 14:45

    All the float function does on any machine is open both ends of the boom lift cylinders up to tank, it should never effect pressure or flow in any other circuit. I would assume your snowblower has some wear pads that it slides on that will keep it from nosediving?