Newbie to the forum here. I bought a 1985 Case 1845B recently and it appears to be leaking fluid out of the loader control valve. It leaves a trail of oil on the snow when operating it. I'm getting the leak fixed (I hope). The fluid is low and I'm wanting to buy some fluid. Question is I called Case and the service tech told me to use Hy-Tran. He called back alitte while later and said to use 10w-30 oil. I was at the local Bomgaars and they carried Lube King premium Trans-Hydraulic fliud. Says its recommended for use in Case equipment requiring Hy-Tran MS-1210, MS-1209, MS-1207 and MS-1204. I called another Case dealer locally and they told me to use Hy-Tran Plus. The manual says to use Case TCH fluid. He told me they didn't carry that anymore. Now I'm confused as to what to use. Any input would be helpful. Sorry so long. I grew up on a farm and was told to use oil from " the big blue barrel " in the garage.
On an older machine, hy-tran or hy-tran+ shouldn't do any harm, JMHO... Hy-tran is based on 30 wt, IIRR...
Thank you for your reply. Would the Lube King brand that says that it is equivalent be okay or Case branded be preferred?
Again, on a 1985 machine, shouldn't make much difference, no warantee to worry about, the old axiom is some oil is better'n none...
Okay. Thanks again.