Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Hydraulic hammer identification

Mobilewrench ยท 2021-09-18 21:11
Replies7
  1. #1Mobilewrench2021-09-18 21:13

    Sorry, had a hard time figuring out how to post pictures. Pretty sure both are npk. But they are old enough that I have no idea on what models. Any help, derision or abuse is always appreciated.

  2. #2Midnightmoon2021-09-19 12:42

    Npk e205 but not certain

  3. #3Mobilewrench2021-09-20 22:35

    The second one seems to be an NPK h7x. I suppose the first one is as well, but what I thought was the serial number (in the picture) isn't actually on the hammer body but on one of the side bolt braces. I need to go back and do a little archeology on that one and see if I can find a real serial number under the grime. The h7x is kind of an obsolete hammer. Anyone have a line on parts for these?

  4. #4Midnightmoon2021-09-21 05:47

    I work for a dealer I can check but they are discontinued. Didnt look real close thought it was bbn one hammer. We have one out back at the shop just like the smaller one

  5. #5AzIron2021-09-29 05:59

    The top one is a h4xl and the bottom is an h7x could also be a 6x in lack of a serial number you can measure the width of the point and look that up to verify the size npk still fully supports both I have rebuilt both my 7x hammers in the last 3 years and am rebuilding 2 4x hammers currently there where 2 versions of 4x hammers the 4xe and 4xl the only difference was they changed the tool holder design to keep from cracking it around the lower tool bushing people try to pry to much with them

  6. #6Mobilewrench2021-09-29 18:21

    Thanks for the replies. You definitely have better eyes than I do. I saw both hammers in real life and couldn't decide if one was bigger. They are about 25 miles apart. Bottom one is definitely an h7x, serial number confirmed it. The 4x hammer only needs the swivel seals for the in and out. I still need to find the serial number. The bigger hammer is going to need a lot of modification to the side brackets to get it mounted on the pc120 that I want it to run on.

  7. #7AzIron2021-09-29 20:13

    Check the tolerance on the lower tool bushing on your 4x if it's out of spec it will wipe out the upper tool bushing and more importantly the impact ring the lower bushing of both hammers floats on bebes so it dosent oval but the impact ring will if the upper bushing wears