Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Ripper storage rack?

RTSmith ยท 2021-10-29 12:04

OK- have a ripper for my midi excavator. 24" tall and 250#. So either you stick it in the ground, or it lays down making it hard to use the quick connect. Anyone ever make a frame/rack to hold theirs upright when not in use? And maybe even can be moved with your forklift? I'm seeing some designs in my mind- wonder if some of the creative folk here had a pic of one.

Replies5
  1. #1JLarson2021-10-31 03:51

    I've built several hammer holders never a ripper holder but I don't see why you couldn't make a stand with an upright with a bit of an angle to it ans two opposing hooks you put the ripper between then let it lock into.

  2. #2Tags2021-10-31 09:32

    You could also just weld a heavy flat plate on the back of the ripper so when you take it off it lays flat and doesn't tip over.

  3. #3RTSmith2021-11-01 11:11

    Good thoughts guys. Hadn't thought of the plate. That would be the easiest.

  4. #4StumpyWally2021-11-13 10:20

    My ripper uses a quick attach (Klac from Werk-Brau) that really wants the ripper to lay on its back edge, so sticking it in the ground doesn't even work that great. So, I finally cobbed together this wooden storage rack that works great....

  5. #5RTSmith2021-11-18 09:20

    Stumpy- Thanks much! Exactly what I was looking for.