Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

hydraulic hose

thefixxer · 2024-11-01 21:27

Anybody have any experience- good, bad, or otherwise with Balflex brand hydraulic hose? A hydraulic shop near me uses that brand and we replaced a couple hoses this week on our John Deere 1170 harvester. Our equipment uses some 2 wire and a fair amount of 4 wire. The prices are good and the service is excellent.

Replies1
  1. #1HarleyHappy2024-11-02 16:18

    It’s a good high end hose. Have had a few made for a couple of machines in past few years, has a nice sheathing and so far no dry rot where they are not covered. I recently bought a hydraulic crimper and I bought Velvor at first but found a place selling Balflex for slightly more and I’ve made a few hoses with it and nobody has complained. We will see but feel more comfortable buying the Balflex vs the Velvor.