The fitting that goes in Hydraulic cylinder broke off flush in the cylinder ,how do I get the pice out? With out taking the whole cylinder off ? This is on a 328 bobcat mini ex
Yair . . . Mini328 . If it is a threaded fitting broken flush taking the cylinder off or even dismantling it (apart from cleaning) is not going to do you a lot of good . . . first thing I'd try would be a suitable sized "Easy-out" style stud extractor, if no luck we can talk about some welding. There are some helpful folks on here and, as always, if you can put some pictures up it would give a better idea of the problem and how best to attack it. Cheers.
You can start with using your fingers, then a screwdriver, or chisel tapped in gently. Pipe thread, NPT, is the only thread style I can think of that is tight, all the others will be finger tight when the head snaps off of the threads. If that doesn't work, show us a pic of the part that broke off.
One thing I would suggest is to make sure piston is away from the end where the fitting is broken. Then use an easy out like suggested. If it is an "O"ring type fitting it should come out pretty easy if pipe thread might be a little tight. Good Luck!
a picture paints a thousand words!
Can't figure out how to post pics. The fitting is made into cylinder. It will not screw out. The cylinder is for my blade. Thanks for all the advice .
Go to the top of page and find "FAQ" click on that then find "Reading and Posting Messages" then click on "Attachments and Images". should give you some information. As to the fitting if it is indeed "made in to cylinder" I would say you may need to remove and disassemble the cylinder to have a new one welded on. But try to post a couple picture first so we can advise with better information.
Had that happen to me a while back...a welder came on site and fixed it. Didn't see him actually do it, but it was quick. After chatting with rental company mechanic, he said they made sure the cylinder was full before brazing on new fitting, or one blows up.
We're still waiting for a pic or an explanation of the following. "The fitting is made into cylinder. It will not screw out." and "how do I get the pice out?" Is this too tight to unscrew or something welded in place? and if it's welded how would it break that you need to get a piece? out?
Well, now that I have a 331, I can say the elbows are welded onto cylinder...they break, and well, you need to weld another on. First, one would have to grind/cut off whatever is left, bore an appropriate hole, and weld a new one on. Poor design in my book...better yet, weld a nut onto cylinder that is sized for an elbow (be mindful of clearance if you still have shield in place). My rental had no shield and all it took was a small boulder to roll over blade and I had a geyser. My machine has a shield, and I reinforced the sucker specifically to protect those elbows. I remember calling Bobcat to ask for spares, as I was looking for backup parts (my blade cylinder hoses looked shady)...they said they are welded on.
I think a pic of a Bobcat cylinder welded hose fitting is in order to quell the curiosity here. BTW, welcome to HEF Mini328. :drinkup
Sorry, Melli, I guess I should quit drinking and guessing, especially posts that a chicken could have tapped out. Thanks for the clarification, Melli and Willie
Did you have to take cylinder off to get it welded ?
I'll have to chat with rental company to find out...getting parts from them tomorrow or next day...will ask. Vaguely recall rental company telling me they took it off...one of the easier cylinder removals on the machine I suspect.
Ok, thanks a lot .
Chatted with rental place and they did take it off and cleaned it out of oil....have to take it to someone who knows what they are doing. Apparently, there is a risk of warping cylinder when welding, and the welder has to know what they are doing. I'd find someone who has done this sort of work...relatively speaking, an inexpensive job ($50cdn).
Thanks for all the info, got cylinder fixed. Had to grind off old fitting and weld a regular coupling on it ,I took the cylinder off and packing out. Ended up doing both fittings since I had it apart. The guy that welded my fitting said he has tone a ton of the Bobcat cylinders.It is a Common problem