Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Hydraulic hose repair stuff on service truck

still learn'n ยท 2016-04-20 19:41

How do you guys do your new hydraulic hose spools and fittings that have the machine to do it where do you store all of it I have a 14' service bed and of course don't really have space but could make some I was thinking of installing more drawers for fittings but was wondering bout all the bulk hose was thinking of just coiling some up say 40-50' and stuffing it somewhere had thought bout making or buying a box to set in back with it spools and or fittings in it looked at jobox the one with drawers on one side and shelves on other but not sure that would be the right fit for the job! Any suggestions ideas would be welcome pics even better? TIA Jerry

Replies2
  1. #1catfixer2016-04-20 22:33

    Not me personally, but I've seen guys use those little metal drawer sets. They don't keep much, usually 2 straights, 2 45's and 2 90's of the popular sizes. I always thought making a hose trailer would be pretty nifty, but I don't have the workload to justify it. does get frustrating at times, had to drive all the way to jopin last week just to find someone who stocked flat face flange fittings.

  2. #2brooksadsit2016-04-21 20:14

    I'm in the aerial lift biz, and I make a lot of hoses, sometimes in very long lengths. My service truck is tiny, 9 ft enclosed body. I carry all my hose in 30 to 60 ft coils, jammed into one shelf up at the front of bed of the truck. -4,-6,-8 and a little-12 in two wire and then -4, -6 and-8 with a little -2 in non conductive thermoplastic hose for insulated units. I could probably just squeeze that all into a job box. Front curbside compartment is dedicated to assorted hydraulic stuff. I have a shelf and a half just for fittings. Probably 6 of each popular size. I've got them all bagged and tagged, and lined up in order. Most of my fittings are straights, with 90 degree and 45 degree jic adapters, though i do have a decent selection of 90 degree house fittings because sometimes an adapter will not do. Most of one shelf is crimper dies and the bottom layer my portable crimper along with air and hand pumps and assorted rams pumps and flowmeter. If I am back at the shop more than once a week, that would be very often, which is why I have so much stock. You can cream an awful lot in a very small space if you are motivated. Sent from my XT1034 using Tapatalk