Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

hydraulic issue

White Excavating ยท 2022-05-11 10:01

I need help figuring out a hydraulic problem on my gehl 353 mini excavator. I have two functions that are slow to change directions. They are the boom cylinder and dipper cylinder. It takes about 2 seconds to change form one direction to other. Makes it almost impossible to dig properly. Thanks.

Replies6
  1. #1uffex2022-05-11 12:04

    Good day Do you have a hydraulic schematic for the machine ? Any history to the problem ? If you operate both arm and boom together, is the delay still evident? Kind regards Uffex

  2. #2White Excavating2022-05-11 12:11

    Yes it does it while operating together. Has had recent hose replacement. So I was leaning towards dirt in system somewhere. I dont have schematic.

  3. #3uffex2022-05-11 12:19

    Can you recall which hose was replaced and did the problem show up at that point?

  4. #4funwithfuel2022-05-11 12:41

    Does the machine have a pattern change valve. Check your operators manual, see if it's there. It could be out of position which cause exactly what you have

  5. #5Donald942022-05-19 04:53

    Have you check with the piston used in hydraulic cylinder

  6. #6White Excavating2022-06-13 09:29

    It was the valve stuck in half position. Thanks.