Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

WTH!!

JeremyWillis · 2022-05-10 14:38

Can someone help me makes sense of this? I bought a Takeuchi tb1140 last year. The swing brake has never worked. I decided to dig into the machine and try to figure it out. Once I got into it I found a hydraulic hose capped and loose on one side and the other side goes into the control block. After reviewing the schematics I found the line is supposed to go from the top of the slew motor to the control block. They detached the end from the slew motor and capped it. They ran a new line from the slew motor back to the tank and turned it into a case drain?!?!? I’m now wondering if this is the line that is supposed to pressurize the swing brake. The diagram attached is how it’s supposed to be ran but now instead of going to the control block it just goes to the drain. Does it make sense to anyone why they would do this?

Replies3
  1. #1Tyler d4c2022-05-10 14:52

    The swing brake is (I'm assuming here during to never working on this exact machine) spring applied pressure release. I'd bet the brake is trashed due to possibly the motor seal being blown and so the new line returns the oil to the tank that leaks by the blown seal.

  2. #2uffex2022-05-11 04:39

    Good day May I ask for clarification, the brake will only apply when the machine superstructure is static it has little to do with stopping the machine during the slewing process. It should be considered in much the same way as the automobile hand brake. Stopping the machine from slewing in down to the hydraulics reversing the slewing motors function from motor to pump, are we talking stopping or applying preventing drift / creep? Kind regards Uffex

  3. #3uffex2022-05-11 04:43

    Good day You may find the attched information helpful. Kind regards Uffex