Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Hydraulic motor help

CV26 · 2023-08-26 20:17

I am trying to understand hydraulic motors and pumps on heavy equipment to make a purchase. Is there a line of hydraulic motors that are popular in industry right now? I come from the CNC industry where motors are broken down by NEMA standard. A small NEMA motor would be NEMA 17 and a large NEMA motor would be NEMA 34. I am wondering if there is a similar sizing guide for hydraulic motors.

Replies3
  1. #1Zewnten2023-08-26 21:39

    What equipment are you looking to buy?

  2. #2Welder Dave2023-08-26 23:08

    There are as many different hyd. motors as there are electric motors. You need to give a lot more details of what you're looking for.

  3. #3wlhequipment2023-08-29 08:26

    There is no standard like NEMA. But, as others have mentioned, there’s a million different kinds of pumps and motors. If the plumbing aisle at your friendly neighborhood big box DIY store makes your head spin, fasten your seatbelt, you’re going for a ride. Welcome to our hell