Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Hydraulic oil

Bvill01 ยท 2012-04-01 21:12

How often should u change hydo oil in a bobcat or just change filter?

Replies4
  1. #1xcmark2012-04-02 16:05

    I would suggest replaceing it every 1000 hour , I know my JCB book says 2000 hour but these machines hold so little fluid its not a huge cost. I would do a filter every 250 hours , I know its over kill but drive motors and pump repairs will take the fun out of owning equipment.

  2. #2Bvill012012-04-02 21:37

    What brand of hydraulic should I bye for chain case and for hydraulic tank?

  3. #3crewchief8882012-04-08 11:06

    hyd system and chaincase use the same type of oil all i can recommend is bobcat hyd oil. approx 5 gal for the hyd tank, 10-12 gal for the chaincase. :drinkup

  4. #4Skid Shear2012-07-07 19:00

    xc- How do you like that JCB? Must be nice not having to crawl around attachments to get in the cab. -SS