Hello, a hose busted somewhere inside my 2003 T-300, and a lot of fuild was lost. It is right inside the woods, and I need to pull it about 20 feet to where I can try and find what hose busted. I know that they have the traction lock override button, do I just press that once and pull slowly? I don't know if there is any fuild in the drive motors or not, is it safe to pull say 10 feet at a time? I plan on filling ther eservoir tank, but don' know if that would help anyway. Thanks
You would have to have engine running to release parking brake inside drive motors. They are spring applied brake disks and require fluid pressure to release brakes. I'd at least raise the cab where it sits and see if you can locate problem, might get lucky and be something relatively easy to repair, although the term "easy" typically doesn't apply when doing Bobcat repairs.
Ain't that the truth!:Banghead Spoken with hard earned wisdom. I would do the same as Willie suggested. It may be one of the main hyd lines that go to the finals or you may get lucky and it's a line easily accessible from under the cab.
I lifted the cab, and nothing but fuild everywhere. It's not like I can look for a wet spot, everthing was wet. Hopefully it drys up enough to help me find the the leak. I am going to go back to the farm this weekend and try to find it. If I don't see it, I plan on washing everything out and just started checking every hose. I think is it somewhere on the right side, by the access plate, by the fuel fill. Pulling it out 20 feet would give me alot more room, and I wouldn't be working in slop, so it would be nice to be able to pull it some. I don't think I have the parking brake switch on. I have the digital keypad if that matters. Thanks
At least you can raise the cab on a BOBCAT without special tools, just a 3/4" socket or combo wrench ..... not like some of the other brands out there where you need a friggn crane ....lol Just a thought .... but add a gal or 2 or hyd oil ..... raise the cab up just high enough to see into the compartment .... fire it up and have someone be your spotter (block the cab up so it don't kill your man with the eyes)..... you may see right away where the oil is shooting out ( wear safety goggles ) ... been there done that before too ! ...good-luck
Yea, that's the next plan if I can't find it by inspecting hoses. When it busted the machine was shut off, and you could hear the fuild keep draining. They even had some fuild that came out the fan exhaust ports, (i quess that's what you would call them). Thanks
HUH ??? .... the only thing that can put oil thru the fan exhaust ports is either the hyd fan motors oil (if a seal is blown) or what I'm now thinking is check out the oil cooler lines above the fan .......... the reservoir and all other hyd functions what we were thinking are lower than the fan motor ..... was it alot of oil that came out those port holes ?? ...let us know
They never had a lot come out th fan ports, most of the fuild was under the cab. I think it may be the horse going up to the cooler too, most of the fuild was in the area of one of the cooler lines. Everything under the seat was dry, and the cooler, the radiator, and the top of the engine was dry.
I found the hose. It was the 5/8" main hose that comes out the vavle block under the seat, and runs to the back, into the steel tubeing that runs the right lift cylinder. The hose was rubing on a steel tube and fitting. Being that it was the lift hose, it wasn't leaking until I tried lifting the arms. The reason why it came out the fan exausht port was that it was spraying into the fan, and the belts on the engine. Thanks
Congrats ! ......bet you feel alot better now ....LOL !