I remember reading on HEF about adding a dye to Hydraulic oil to spot leaks and also be able to see the level better in the sight glass. Who has a recommendation regarding where to obtain said dye besides Cat?? Thank You.
Amazon.com: Color Coding Dye, Red, 4 oz. : Industrial & Scientific Buy Color Coding Dye, Red, 4 oz.: Leak Detection Tools - Amazon.com ✓ FREE DELIVERY possible on eligible purchases www.amazon.com
Thank You Mister Icehole
I buy John Deere - green is the color on flee Bay.
I buy it from Petro Can and it is blue in colour. What ever you do, wear gloves and do not drop 1 drop of it as it is super strong for staining something. Simon C
The two dye colours I have come across are blue & red. Never seen green before.
Yes. I helped in our southern Warehouse and a couple customers get dyed oils. I got a few drops on the back of my glove and it soaked through. Took weeks to get the blue to wear off. The guy helping me was an idiot and grabbed the dye jug and cup with his bare hands. It made his hands all blue, which was impressive cause he was a colored guy
Always fun to pour some in someone’s glove!
Did he then apply for the blue man group?
Chromatech has the primary colors.
This is the dye I have used. It sure is expensive. Walmart among other vendors sells it John Deere Original Dye Equipment Oil - MT3668,1
That stuff goes a long way. A gallon probably could tint 50k gallons.
My wiener is still blue. Hazards of the job, I guess. I don’t put gloves on as often as I should. Wear your PPE, Bois.
Are you sure you didnt have a romantic time with a Smerfette?
Update,,, I purchased the John Deere Mt 3668 12 ml bottle for a little over $10 a bottle, I bought 02 since they are supposed to be used up to a 05 gallon system. I put one bottle in and was pleased how much color it added to my 12 gallon system. I guess I will hold on to the other bottle for a later date. Your results may vary and Press On.