Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Hydraulic oil for KX 033-4 mini ex

nicodeemus ยท 2023-06-26 13:31

I need some feedback concerning what type of hydraulic oil I should use in my machine. It's a 2020 that I got back in march with 1600 hrs. on it. Talked to previous owner and he said he used ISO 68. Manual says to use ISO 46 in summer or high ambient temps, so being in south Louisiana, that sounds like a winner. Spoke to 3 different dealer service managers and pretty much got 3 different answers. The only thing one of them said was that 68 was better. What is that supposed to mean? Also, I'm a little suspect about taking the previous owners word about it. Not being sure what is in there, I need to know if there could be any problems in mixing oils. Manual says Hydro tank capacity is about 9 gallons, but the entire system capacity is about 16 gallons. So when I go to change filters in tank and replace the 9 gallons in there, there is still about 7 gallons left in the system that I'm not sure of and if somehow how to flush it out if need be...hoping not. Thanks for helping.

Replies0

No replies yet.