Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

hydraulic oil heater for case 580 supper M

pipper pup ยท 2014-11-16 11:48

Can any one tell me if they make one, were to get it, price, and how to put it in.

Replies5
  1. #1Tradesman2014-11-16 15:04

    Look up artic fox they have a heater for almost any application, I put one in my boom trucks oil tank last year,it runs of the engine coolant. On a -20 C day it will warm the oil to +10 in less than an hour

  2. #2melben2014-11-17 13:02

    Why do you want to warm the hydraulic oil in the M, I am from NC Penna. where winters get fairly cold but not as bad as our neighbors to the North. I had worked for a Case dealer for 50+ years and never had a customer ask that question and we sold thousands of BH/LDRS during my employment. That being said, there is a magnetic heater you could put on the hydraulic tank that would warm it. Are you having a starting issue that you are trying to correct? Please elaborate on the reason you would add it. Thank You, Mel

  3. #3pipper pup2014-11-18 12:02

    I live in SoDak and 25 below is not uncommon last week has been 10 to 15 below. I dont want to blow any seals or have to wait 45 min after i start it to warm the hydraulic oil up. I have looked at the heater that Arctic Fox sell but dont quite understand how to install them.

  4. #4Tinkerer2014-11-18 14:40

    Which model of heater were you trying to figure how to hook up ? On the Arctic Fox homepage go to the far left side and you will see a menu bar that says -- Catalogs and Literature --- a drop down list will appear and you can choose the --- Installation and Operating Instructions bar. When you open that bar choose which product you are interested in.

  5. #5Deeretracks2014-11-18 14:56

    http://www.oreillyauto.com/site/c/search/Engine+Heater+-+Magnetic+%28Universal%29/N0653/C0076.oap Just sick it to the side and plug it in. We had one on our solvent tank so your hands didn't freeze washing parts in the winter.