What would cause hydraulic oil to get into the engine? Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Than you.
Explain further... What makes you think hydraulic oil is getting into the engine? How can you tell the difference b/t engine oil and hydraulic oil? Is there a shared oil cooler b/t the two oils? If your engine oil level is increasing, is your hydraulic oil level decreasing at the same time? Is the engine coolant decreasing?
There is no interface of engine and hydraulic system on a Bobcat 773, the two are completely isolated from each other.
Maybe someone grabbed the wrong container and put it in. It has been done thousands of time. Just like gas in a diesel engine, done too many times to mention. Simon C
Engine oil increases and hydraulic oil decreases, no indication of coolant/water in oil. Only one person services the machine (me) so putting wrong oil in the engine, didn't happen.
I don't know a thing about Bobcat's. But I gotta ask. How is the the hydraulic pump driven ? Is it bolted directly to the motor ? If it is, could the input shaft seal be leaking and forcing oil into the engine ?
There's a big multi rib V belt between engine flywheel and hydraulic pump. Again, there is absolutely zero interface between engine and hydraulic system on a Bobcat 773
Most likely thing happening here, you have a hydraulic leak causing the fluid level to drop in the hydraulic reservoir, and at the same time you have either a faulty fuel lift pump leaking fuel into the engine or a faulty injection pump doing the same. But I can assure you, it ain't hydraulic oil in the engine unless someone poured it in there.
I would wager, you have a drive motor leaking into chain case and some diesel making its way into the block.
Willie59 is correct. Have worked a bit on these units and oil does not travel down the belt and enter the motor. Leaking fuel will do it quite quickly, raising the oil level in pan. Hydraulic resevoir going down is easier to find with blue dye in the oil. Thats what I do if oil is hard to find. That being said, it must be leaking from bottom or filling the chain case. Simon C
Thanks guys, I will investigate further.