I dropped the belly pan on my D3G. Cleaned it out and noticed that the debris under the hydrostatic transmission area contained oil. I saw some drops of hydraulic oil hanging below the area of the transmission. There are lots of hydraulic lines in the vicinity. How would you begin to track down where the leak is coming from? Also, are the nuts on the ends of the hydraulic lines std or metric?
i would use dye and a blacklight put the dye in whatever compartment you think is leaking then run the machine and look for the dye,or wash the machine and run the cotrols to full stroke,all cylinders,the look for the leaks.
metric nuts. Had a simular problem with a 5g, ended up being a loose hose.
Get some brake cleaner and clean the grime off the lines, then run it around a little bit and get back under it and you should be able to tell which one's leaking. Or, just get out the wrenches and start tightening the nuts on the lines. It's more than likely that one of them just backed off a little.
Thanks to all.
all the hoses on that machine as well as other newer cat machines have oring seals in the fittings . if an oring is missing or cut and the fitting is tight they will drip , dont need metric wrenches to fix . six wrenches 11/16,13/16. 15/16, 1 1/8, will be most of the hoses , maybe 1 or 2 with 1 5/8
Thanks. Another question on the wrenches. Will stubby wrenches be an advantage? And will there be pressure on the lines if the machine is off and the blade is resting in the floated position? I want to be sure I do this safely. Of course, I will have eye protection.