Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Hydraulic oil s220 bobcat

Bvill01 ยท 2012-04-06 11:49

I want to replace hydraulic oil in the tank and in the lines but not sure how many gallons I need?

Replies2
  1. #1crewchief8882012-04-08 11:03

    the tank holds approx 5 gallons :drinkup

  2. #2CRAFT2012-04-08 13:36

    Out of curiosity .... Why do you feel the need to change the Oil out ??? ..... has the machine been sitting for along time ? ..... is it contaminated ?? ..... keep this in mind if you use the machine alot or not ....... I usually get 2 or 3 free hyd oil changes a year ! .....LOL...hmmmmm ...... well not really, but with the amount of attachment hoses that can get broken or hyd failures ... fittings ..... ram seals ...dammaged couplers ... leaking/bypassing hyd motors shaft seals .... ect. ...... I'm usually topping up to 3-4 pails a year, and that's a good year ! ...OMG.... a bad one well better start buying the pallet load ...crap Just change out the hyd filters (2) .... service the filters at the drive motors, and top it up if the oil appears good looking .... jmho