hi all. I recently done a bit of a refurbishment on my hitachi ex60-3 excavator. It’s now back together and running good. When running the machine, I have been doing more checks on the machine than usual, just for the first few hours just to be sure everything is ok. I have been checking the temperature of the hydraulic components, pump, cylinders, tank, cooler etc. with an infrared thermometer. I am getting temperatures of between 65 and 80 degrees Celsius. 80 degrees is at the pump, 70- 75 degrees at the tank and cylinder. 65- 70 degrees at the cooler. Weather is quite warm here at the minute, about 28-30 degrees Celsius, which is very warm for Ireland. Am I right in thinking that these temperatures are ok for the hydraulic system? Thanks
They are less than boiling water. It shouldn't be a problem.
Thanks for the reply I presume more modern excavators have a hydraulic oil temp sensor and the temperature is displayed on the dash, what sort of temperatures do people see in normal day to day operations?