Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Hydraulic Oil used in JD 892D-LC Excavator

Weapon ยท 2011-12-28 20:24

Sorry if this is an old topic but I was unable to find any information using the search feature. I'm new to the forum and have a JD 892 D-LC excavator and I've done a fair ammount of repair work to it and need to top up the Hydraulic oil before I go to work with it clearing a farm acreage. Would one of the members please help me by repling with any information to this question. I will be working in temps of 30 to 80 degrees F and would like to get to work with it in the next few days. Previous owner I believe said he used 10W which I believe is close to SAE 32 but it is a well worn machine and not sure if this was the OEM recomondation or just what he used. Thanks in advance for your help, John

Replies4
  1. #1Accudraulics2012-01-02 16:14

    AW32 for the winter/summer in the summer if working above 90F you should use AW46, if you keep the machine in a heated shed while not in use during the winter you could use AW46 year round.

  2. #2Weapon2012-01-03 10:46

    Thanks Accudraulics, I sort of assumed that this would work, of course JD said to use their torq Guard product @ $97/20 liter pail, instead of AW32 @ $60.00. Thanks again, Weapon

  3. #3KNUTSON2012-01-09 00:18

    I have a koehring 1980 866E track hoe and the hydrolics are slow and wonder if that is just normal for a machine of this size or is there something |can do to speed it up? knutson

  4. #4buckfever2012-01-09 19:40

    Weapon, if you go to a NAPA the pn for your fluid is 85-405. thats a five gallon bucket of hy-guard oil thats what we use in all our jd equipment.