Does anyone have a recommendation if hydraulic pallet forks would be suitable for a CAT 259D mainly used for landscaping, tree planting, etc? What about debris falling on the hydraulic rams? Has anyone any experience with the EDGE hydraulic 5500 lb pallet forks?
I have no experience with the Edge ones but I have a set made by Arrow material handling and they are great. Have done everything from planting, moving boulders, unloading pallets and just about anything else you can do with forks. My only compliant would be where they mount the valve for the hose hookup, I cut their brackets and lowered it down a few inches. As far as material falling on the rams it has not been an issue. https://www.arrowmhp.com/product/skid-steer-fork-positioning-pallet-forks/
Thanks for the reply. This is the one by EDGE. I like that the rams are covered/shielded. http://edgeattach.com/sliding-tine-...-mm-hydraulic-sliding-tines-5500-lb-capacity/
I used to think hyd pallet forks were a waste of money. I am a changed man. Spent two weeks on Gov. job moving everything from 4500 pound transformers to pallets of odds and ends. Constantly having to adjust the forks got real old, real quick. How much to they go for?
I believe they retail for around $2700 for the 5500lb-rated 48" unit. I will find out on Monday. I think I'll get them.
I find it saves a ton of time, it gets very frustrating watching one or two guys push, pull, and shove on a fork for what seems like forever to get it readjusted, when I can adjust them hydraulically in seconds. Plus, when doing a lot of planting or moving boulders, it gives you the ability to "pinch" the ball or stone. A good set of forks costs around $1000, I belive I paid $2600 for the hydraulic ones when I purchased them with a new machine. To me they are well worth the money.
What brand are your hydraulic forks?
https://www.arrowmhp.com/product/skid-steer-fork-positioning-pallet-forks/ The 2 other things I would consider getting if I was going to purchase another set would be a wider frame and 60” forks
Not sure if the link will show up for y'all or not... I have these @ $700, they are kind of light duty looking. I have carried a few cars @ <3500# with them though with no problems. https://www.rbauction.com/MID-STATE?invId=10464075&id=ar&auction=ORLANDO-FL-2018101
Here is the video for the EDGE hydraulic pallet forks.
I ordered the EDGE hydraulic pallet forks in 48" 5500lbs rating today from my local dealer. I'm supposed to receive them later this week.
You won’t regret it, worth every penny!