Trying to source a cap for a 30 gallon tank that has a ~5psi relief instead of free venting. Cap is the type with a basket filter to fill, though I could weld that up and use something else. Any ideas?
Have you done the math of how much force 5 psi is on the tank first?
Should be fine, tank is 3/16" and baffled. It's a square roughly 20x20 and 2ft tall On a firewood processor so gets lots of dirt and dust.
My link belts use a pressurized hyd. system, I'll take a picture of their set up tomorrow, and see if they have a part # on them.
IDK, man. That sounds like a sketch idea. Call Kenny Logins, cause’ you are headed to the danger zone. The return side of the circuit won’t like that very much. I think the return filter is going to explode. Perhaps, try a combo cap/filter if contamination is the concern.
BTW, your Anchorage branch sells hydraulic reservoir breather filter conversion kits specifically designed to solve this problem. We sold a bunch of this product to the mines for their bulk lube storage. Air Sentry Desiccant Breathers | ForFluids Protect equipment from moisture & dust! Air Sentry desiccant breathers. www.forfluids.com
I've never seen one before.
Nah, filter bypasses well above 5 psi.
That's only 2000 pounds of force, on one side. Good luck with the bomb your making. Return filters often run at 40 psi so I don't think that's a issue.
My hoe has a pressurized hydraulic system, but I think its less than 5 lbs. You really don't need 5 lbs, just non-vented, correct? What will you do to relieve vacuum when the tank cools?
There's millions of bombs all over the place then.
Correct. 5 psi is fairly standard. Pressurized tanks are common on equipment.
We run the filter/dryer caps with the desiccant on a lot of outdoor stationary equipment. Put the small npt ones on gear boxes outside too.
W/ data plates with psi ratings and are round.
No, and square.