Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Defective OEM parts

Welder Dave · 2024-03-07 04:38

Have you bought name brand OEM parts that can't be used and can't be returned because they got damaged trying to install them? I bought a new Miller jack plug for a welder I bought because the one on it was a little loose. First the black colored nut to hold the internal cable galled about half way on. The plated nut on the original threaded by hand. Thankfully I was able to get the original one tightened. It just ticked me off.

Replies4
  1. #1Mike L2024-03-10 20:34

    Last summer I got a 12 volt a/c compressor when I needed a 24v version. I wasn’t allowed to return it because I cut the clear packing tape before I realized the issue. he happily sold me another compressor. I asked him to open the box and verify the new one. He let me cut the packing tape because he was there to make sure I didn’t cut it wrong. We’re not friends and I hope the fleas of a thousand camels infest his arm pits.

  2. #2IceHole2024-03-10 23:09

    I'm crazy looking enough when I threaten to burn their house down while they sleep at night I may actually mean it. Seems to solve getting customer service.

  3. #3Zewnten2024-03-11 12:07

    Charge back?

  4. #4chidog2024-03-11 18:34

    Junk everything these days should be expected.