I'm almost done changing all my filters and fluids. In my manual, I can't find much about this specific light. I believe it's the hydraulic pressure light. But I'm not sure what's causing it or how to troubleshoot fixing it. Any advice?
That’s the hydraulic tank pressure lamp. Once the machine runs for awhile and warns up, the pressure will build and the lamp will go off. That’s if you remembered to put the hydraulic cap back on. While the light is on, the engine is limited to a certain maximum RPM. I don’t recall. 1800 maybe.
There's a passing mention to it in the O&M under the Engine Speed Control section The System Operation document speaks thusly........... "If the air pressure in the hydraulic tank is decreased, a vacuum may occur on the suction side of the pump. When the air pressure in the hydraulic tank is decreased, the indicator for the hydraulic tank air pressure illuminates. The indicator is located on the right console in the cab. In order to prevent a vacuum in the hydraulic tank, the controller automatically regulates the following items:engine speed and pump flow. If a vacuum exists, the maximum engine speed is 1800 RPM. Pump flow is reduced. I n order to increase the air pressure that is in the hydraulic tank, move any control lever. The engine turbocharger supplies the air pressure to the hydraulic tank." Based on the fact that the turbo supplies the pressure to the tank, maybe something isn't right somewhere. Leaky tank cap, air supply line leaking, failed pressure switch, etc, etc. As per text above have you tried moving a control level.? Here's what the tank pressure lines look like.
Thanks. I think it just needed time to warm up or something.