I recently had to change a hydraulic line on my Case Backhoe model 580L It was a line that went up to the loader control lever. After replacing the line none of the hydraulics work. Hydraulic reservoir is full, engine starts easily but no control to ANY of the hydraulics. When I bump the RPMs up and engage the loader control the rpm's don't change. I'm hoping its an air bubble/lock problem and not my hydro pump. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Chopper24
I would crack the line loose that you just installed and let the air out. If none of the controls work, the hydraulic pump gave out or the air pocket is at the pump. I am not sure where your hydraulic filter is located, I have a 580B CK. The hydraulic filter for the controls is different than the hydraulic filter for my transmission. Change the hydraulic filter for your control side or at least see if you have fluid at the filter.
Did you remove any other lines besides the offender?
Any chance there was a plug in the new line that got missed? I know someone who installed a new transmission line on a Cat front end loader and left a plug in the end of the suction line. Did not discover it till the machine would not move when started. Won't say who that was, but......
I only removed the one line to the loader control. But I did change the hydraulic filter not much fluid came out I expected more of a mess. In the service manual they talk about pressurizing the reservoir with 5-10lbs of air to prime the hydro pump?? Have you heard of this before??
I will check. Thanks