Hello all, great forum you have here. I'm looking at buying a 1989 case 580k backhoe. Test drove it plenty of power great machine. I lifted up the front bucket all the way up with a full load and it started shaking / jumping. seems like a hydraulic fluid problem or the hydraulic pump. I looked at the site eye but it's black and I can't see if there is enough fluid or not. I was going to go back there with some hydraulic fluid to see if that's the problem and if it will take any. But I guess I'm just wondering how do you know if it's the pump....is there anything else that would be wrong if it was the pump? And also where is the best price on a new pump if I have to go that route?? Appreciate any help.
possible slightly bent rod in one or both of lift cylinders, will be others to join in with advise, welcome to forum and good luck
Doesn't sound like a pump problem. You lifted a bucket fine, till you got near end of cylinder stroke. A pump starving for oil will do that. The shaking happens when the pump gets a little, sends it out, then starves again. Low oil level in tank can do that, an air leak on the suction side can do it. Let us know.
Welcome to HEF, Bob !