Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Hydraulic problem on 365B excavator, serial number 9PZ00300

alex5658 · 2026-06-29 14:35

When the hydraulic lock is released, the excavator starts to move or the stick moves, but none of the functions respond. The main control valve was removed for resealing, and since then, it doesn't work or move at all. Thanks.

Replies13
  1. #1Nige2026-06-29 14:41

    Based on your description my money is on the control valve having been assembled incorrectly. Do you have a Parts Manual.?

  2. #2alex56582026-06-29 15:03

    No, I don't have a parts manual—do you happen to have one? And is there anything regarding the pilot pressure lines that I could use to verify?

  3. #3Nige2026-06-30 03:55

    To identify whether or not the pilot system has any effect on the issue if you disconnect all the pilot lines from the main control valve and plug them then start up the machine that should tell you. Was any other work done on the machine apart from resealing the main control valve.? I may have a parts Manual. I’ll take a look. EDIT: No I don't. The Cat Publication reference is SEBP2868. I don't see any used copies for sale online anywhere. It appears to be comprised of 2 volumes in a paper version. Attached the parts manual page for the pilot lines. Apologies for the poor graphic quality but this system is not the best. You could try getting into the parts.cat.com website and search under the 138-5247 group number of the pilot lines which may produce a better graphic. Also attached the hydraulic schematic.

  4. #4John C.2026-06-30 16:36

    I seem to remember something about these machines having electronic joy sticks. Be that as it may, have you checked the monitor panel for fault codes?

  5. #5Nige2026-06-30 17:10

    It does have electronic joysticks. It should also be equipped with VIMS and diagnostic codes are accessible via that system. See the attachment.

  6. #6John C.2026-06-30 21:50

    I don't remember any having VIMS but have gotten into the monitor panels a few times while doing appraisals.

  7. #7alex56582026-07-01 13:42

    If the active codes were checked and I only have ones related to the charging system—and the alternator isn't charging—does that directly prevent the machine from moving or cause it to go into protection mode?

  8. #8alex56582026-07-01 13:48
  9. #9Nige2026-07-01 14:16

    What are you using for power if the alternator isn’t charging.? Battery voltage alone may not be enough for consistent pilot operation.

  10. #10alex56582026-07-01 14:37

    I only have a charged battery; I'll replace the alternator and let you know what happens.

  11. #11alex56582026-07-01 15:28

    Do you happen to have an image of the part number for the main control bank spools?

  12. #12John C.2026-07-01 16:15

    I think I would be looking for harness connectors that aren't plugged in or wiring that got damaged when the valve was removed and reinstalled before going any further.

  13. #13Nige2026-07-01 16:39

    I took a look and it must be a total of 50 or so illustrations. Better would be the disassembly & assembly procedure for the valve. Also see this sectional view from the specifications.