Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

hydraulic pump

Restless Coyote ยท 2023-09-22 23:15

Does anyone know where the best place to sell caterpillar parts? I have two older new hydraulic pumps I need to sell. A single 271-2992 and a double 295-9676

Replies10
  1. #1Welder Dave2023-09-23 02:05

    Might help if you list what machines they're for. Are they brand new, rebuilt, etc.? They might get moved to the buy and sell forum. I'm not sure if you need to list a price but would be a good idea.

  2. #2kshansen2023-09-23 08:01

    Looks like they are not something a small time operator would be needing! According to SIS the 271-2992 is a hyd fan pump on a 793D and the 295-9676 is the main hyd. pump for a 374DL excavator. There may be other applications but those were the first things I found on SIS. Maybe Nige would know someone who uses those machines?

  3. #3Nige2023-09-23 11:51

    TBH for the machine models those two pumps fit it would be highly unlikely that any customer operating them would be interested in buying even new parts from the internet. They're generally not that hard up.

  4. #4Restless Coyote2023-09-25 17:32

    Thanks y'all. I should have put what they fit. As kshansen said the Double is for a large 374D excavator and the single is for a 793D Truck. Have never needed to sell heavy equip parts so was hoping someone here could tell me if there is a website or magazine I can list them in.

  5. #5kshansen2023-09-25 19:28

    Maybe some guy on Youtube will want one to make a high speed wood splitter?

  6. #6Welder Dave2023-09-25 21:12

    Machinery trader may be good option to advertise them.

  7. #7Restless Coyote2023-09-25 22:03

    Appreciate it.

  8. #8Restless Coyote2023-10-02 15:44

    Thanks for all you help. I did manage to sell both pumps.

  9. #9kshansen2023-10-02 17:21

    Just curious, how much? I know where a brand-new(rebuilt) main hydraulic pump to fit a WA-600 Komatsu has been sitting since the late 1990's or it was there the last I knew! Machine was the mainline loader at the quarry and around that time and the original pump failed, forget exact cause so boss bought this one for a spare! When I retired in 2016 it was still in the crate.

  10. #10Restless Coyote2023-10-04 09:32

    For the double pump $4400 and the single $2900 Had them posted on eBay and nothing for months. That's why I came here to see if there was a place anyone with heavy equipment might be looking for them. Figured a smaller outfit that can't spend big bucks might be out there. But then got an offer Tuesday. Going out of the country. Got them at an auction from a tech university. They had been donated, but the the classes were all diesel related. So they sat around for years and were in the way. Tax break for the company probably.