I'm finally installing the new hydraulic pump on my Deere 410g. I know i need to fill the pump before it runs. With the pump bolted on I filled the tank return port before I hooked up that hose. I have connected the large suction line. I figured it would fill that section of the pump when I fill the reservoir. Is there any other place/plug on the pump that needs filling before I turn the motor over? A few minutes after filling the reservoir I started getting some fluid dripping from the two pressure hose connections on the pump, then I connected those two hoses. I have not cranked the engine yet. I thought I would disconnect the injector pump electrical connector so I could turn the engine over without it firing up. Will that suction supply fill the pump sufficiently while I'm cranking the engine? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
It may be similar to how they say to prime the hydrostat on my skid steer. With the injection pump turned off crank the engine for 10 to 15 seconds several times (5 or 6) to prime the pumps making sure to let the starter cool off between attempts. You might notice a slight difference in sound once the pump is primed and pumping oil.