Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

LB75.b A/C Condenser

HawkX66 · 2025-09-02 08:09

Hey folks, I have a 2005 New Holland LB75.b NA that I'm working on. It's in pretty nice condition overall. There are a few things that I'm going through to make it right. The one thing not working is the a/c. It'd be real nice to have it in the VA humidity... The condenser and drier are destroyed and need to be replaced. I'm trying to figure out my replacement options. CNH wants $1,700 for a new condenser. Uh, no... Can I just take some measurements and replace it with something similar that's r134 compatible? I don't mind changing fittings and fashioning brackets. Thanks for any help.

Replies10
  1. #1bassn51502025-09-05 22:52

    Google New Holland backhoe salvage. Several vendors will pop up. You‘ll have to beat the bushes, but odds are, you can find what you need. I bought an 05 LB75B as well in the early summer. Mine has cab and heat/air. For whatever reason, the previous owner pulled the compressor and drier off along with all the related brackets and cut the AC lines and tied them out of the way. I‘ve made a call or two hunting the necessary pieces to get mine back together, but haven’t hit on all of it yet.

  2. #2heymccall2025-09-05 23:19

    You no share part number. Is this it?

  3. #3NH575E2025-09-06 00:01

    Any condenser about the same size with same size line connections should work.

  4. #4HawkX662025-09-06 06:37

    Thanks for the replies. I ended up rolling the dice on one that was the same size. It made sense that it would work. I tried some of the salvage yards on line initially, but came up empty. I found the one I linked below that was nearly identical. I ordered a drier too. I'll need to redo a couple of fittings also. They were sitting in wet dirt that was left in the front of the compartment. Shame. Everything else was nearly perfect. The original part number was: 87410101 Air Conditioning Condenser fits Case IH JX55 JX60 JX65 JX70 JX75 JX80 JX85 JX90 JX95 84359949 87417329 84342887 Air Conditioning Condenser for Case IH Tractor(s) JX55, JX60, JX65, JX70, JX75, JX80, JX85, JX90, JX95. Replaces Case IH OEM Number(s) 84359949, 87417329, 84342887. www.tractorpartsasap.com

  5. #5HawkX662025-09-11 20:36

    The condenser I ordered showed up and it was identical to my factory one. I moved my brackets over and it slid right in. Have to love it... I wouldn't call $400 cheap, but it's a far cry from the $1,700 CNH wanted... Now to figure out the fittings I need and get some ac going.

  6. #6Swetz2025-09-12 06:53

    That is great! Thanks for the update. Let us how you make out on the fittings.

  7. #7HawkX662025-09-12 07:08

    Thank you sir. Will do. I'm going to pull the seat out and make sure everything else is good to go also. Something else I did to make sure the dirt doesn't get stuck in there again is pull the rubber flap. It made it so any dirt that comes in through the grill doesn't have a place to wash out. I pulled a 5 gal pail of wet dirt out when I first pulled the grill to assess the condenser etc. That's what destroyed the condenser, drier and their fittings. It's hard to tell in the pic, but imagine dumping a 5 gal pail full of mud into the are under the radiator. That's what was there.

  8. #8NH575E2025-09-13 02:38

    Have fun pulling the seat. It's a heavy mother and not much room to work. I pulled mine and cleaned it all out. I think it's a necessary task in getting a defunct AC back in service though. The last time I pulled my mats I broke down and cut a slit in front of the throttle pedal to make that easier to get out. I cut it all the way from the pedal to the front edge. Something else I did since it didn't have a recirculate choice and all my cabin filter stuff was missing was to block off the outside air inlet. I packed some dense foam in the hole and taped over it with metal duct tape. It has held for 8 years. Eliminates the need for that expensive cabin filter and makes it cool a little better in my opinion.

  9. #9HawkX662025-09-13 07:07

    I'm not looking forward to pulling the seat pedestal etc. I have the whole air ride setup. Comfy as hell, but does look heavy. Thanks for the tips. I'll have to think about the air inlet. I haven't ordered the $60+ cabin filter yet. I'd rather not..., but I probably will end up doing it. I've already drained and refilled the hydraulic system as best I could. I changed the rear end oil too. Next is the motor and tranny. I greased as much as I could yesterday. A few of the zerks were bad so I'll have to get back to those and replace them. There's 100 grease points. I went through five tubes of grease on the topside alone. Thank God I invested in a battery operated gun. That would have been a total PITA.

  10. #10NH575E2025-09-13 08:48

    Think about it this way. When you put a vehicle on MAX AC it recirculates the air in the cabin rather than mixes air from the outside. These glass oven cabs can use all the help they can get. For all I know the LB75 has a recirculate option but my 575E did not. My little Kubota cab has a recirculate door that blocks off the outside air but I'm told the John Deere cabs do not. I leave everything I have with AC on recirculate and if it gets too cold I blend with heat. Enough outside air sneaks in to keep you from suffocating.