Would anyone have any advice as to how to fix a brand new pump in Thailand (I have video which shows it) or where I might get seals, parts etc. The manufacturer says it is operating normally and should have fluid pouring out everywhere therefore will not help me. Thanking you in advance.
What pump and where is it leaking
It is s chinese pump. I have a video of it but see no way to upload it here. Can send it to you.
Upload it to youtube and share the link.
Here is the video. Hope someone can recognize it and help. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-3gohlFS_68
Wow. That is not normal, though I can see why they put the pump inside the hydraulic tank. No idea, never seen anything quite like that. Best just to rip it out and hope it just needs an O-ring or two and some new bolts maybe? Good luck.
Yeah, I've never seen anything like it, either. What kind of machine is it? I'm with Lanway, take it apart and see if it's o-rings, or loose bolts. If not, maybe you can make gaskets, and order seals by measuring them.
Is it just me or are all the lines hooked to that pump scabbed on with a mess of weld? I thought I was a bad welder! Agree on pull it apart and look at it. I'm wondering if maybe getting some parts surface ground will be a solution. Maybe that got missed in the original manufacturing process? If this pump was designed to be mounted inside a tank like that I could possibly see not having it sealed tight with a little seepage being allowed. I mean how about most engine oil pumps that are in the oil pan that do not have any gaskets or seals, I'm sure they weep at the joints a bit under pressure. But this thing is not weeping it is crying like a major mental break-down! Took another look at that "pump" would like to know what it is suppose to be running and what pressures. Seems to be very few fasteners holding it together and they don't look that big. Are we even sure it is actually a pump or something else in the system?
I agree, the welded pipe fittings are birdkrap looking. Industrial machines regularly mount the pump down in the tank like that, Niagara press brake and shears did that, as well as others IIRC to keep the noise down.