Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Hydraulic pump purchase

bleep · 2024-09-15 23:57

Hi Everyone. I need some help with purchasing a hydraulic pump for my Yanmar Vio55-6B It seems way overpriced in New Zealand and I am wondering if anybody knows where to buy those from for a fair price? I have been told the pump on this machine has 3 pumps, out of which only one is buggered, the one for tilt, dip and left track. Is the pump one unit or can it be,-should it be replaced in parts, instead of all. Thanks a lot for any advice!

Replies14
  1. #1Tones2024-09-16 04:16

    Most pumps are rebuildable but you need the make, model and rotation. Look for a information plate on the pump and doubt it will be Yanmar, more that likely Kawasaki and don't hold me to that. Which east island are you on.?

  2. #2bleep2024-09-16 18:16

    Rotation means clockwise/ counter clockwise? Also are there different parts to those units or are there 3 or more parts to it? Been told by the mechanic that people tried but mostly unsuccessfully for restoring them. I m on the South Island

  3. #3Tones2024-09-16 19:33

    Some machines run the pumps off a gearbox and one pumps rotation could be different from the other. A lot of machines use a through drive system were pumps are bolted together. It's been a long time since I lived there so can't help with any business names but a good hydraulic shop (not hose repairers) could be a help. Depending on what the damage is a new rotating group can be fitted, lens plate and swash plate can be lapped and reused if they aren't to badly scratched. If you can rebuild a car engine then you have the skills to do the job yourself apart from the lapping which is best done on a special table. Of the most importance is cleanliness in the work area, the kitchen bench or table is a good place and hopefully her indoors who has to be obeyed has a sense of humour.

  4. #4Tones2024-09-16 22:37

    Well bleep got some news for you. Your pumps are made by Rexroth and are proprietary to Yanmar. There's a tag on the top of the pump which will have the model. From that you maybe able to get Chinese parts. 20 grand for new pumps in Oz so understand the pain.

  5. #5bleep2024-09-17 03:16

    Haha. Thank you for the insight. I would have to get someone that knows their stuff. My main concern is the price. Supposed to be 5k for the pump plus plus plus. Seems a lot to me, even it being a sensitive unit. If you would look at some pics, would you be able to tell if it looks about right?

  6. #6Nige2024-09-17 05:35

    If you’re talking NZ$ (which I assume you are) then that equates to US$3k. You wouldn’t get much in the pump line for that, even a small pump. At today’s prices even a pump for a skid steer would be in the region of US$5k/NZ$8k.

  7. #7Tones2024-09-17 05:45

    Today was the first time I've seen one and it was still in the digger,looked very technical, reckon I'd someone guiding me through it. Did a internet search this arvo, an outfit in Sydney had one that had been rebuilt and RD Williams in Brisbane had one listed both around 5 grand and there Chinese parts available if you're dateless and desperate.

  8. #8bleep2024-09-17 14:02

    Damn, alright, at least I know it is a genuine price. Thank you

  9. #9Nige2024-09-17 14:08

    Still doesn't stop you searching around in an attempt to get the best price though..........

  10. #10bleep2024-09-17 14:38

    There is one in China for 1400 plus taxes and shipping. The seller claims its the correct one after sending the tags from digger, but there is a feeling of unease. There also is an online purchase protection. You wouldn't know where those pumps are usually produced do you

  11. #11bleep2024-09-17 23:41

    Just seeing all your messages now.. thanks a lot, holy crap thats even worth then here...

  12. #12bleep2024-09-17 23:44

    Thanks Tones, with the number on pump I got a price from a Chinese outfit, i guess I am desperate. They ask if I need solenoids too, do I usually?

  13. #13Kobe Steel2024-09-19 06:43

    Its possible you may not get an identical unit. I think the genuine pumps are made by KYB Japan and there are a number of model variations for these units as well as a number of knock offs and copies. Some pump units will have the solenoid block directly mounted to the pump and others don't have this provision. Some of the aftermarket sellers will provide you with the non solenoid pump version and a remote mountable solenoid block that doesn't even match the solenoid configuration you have. Can also have some variations with the gear pump configuration on the back of the main pump. I believe yours is the pump mounted solenoid type configuration best regards

  14. #14bleep2024-09-19 14:20

    Great help, thanks a lot. So far it seems to be the right one I ve found. The seller mentioned the solenoids and i ll see that they send another picture to double check.