Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

hydraulic pump questions…

stumpjumper83 ยท 2011-12-17 21:42

So I have a takeuchi tb053, & I had a little trenching job to do and the tak was tied up so I rented a bobcat 325 from the local hardware store. Now the bobcat is nearly new - 225 hrs there abouts. I noticed that when I tried to lift, swing, & dump - the machine wouldn't let the boom raise till I quit one of the other functions. On my tak I can do as many things as I want together. Is this an issue with how the manufacturer pairs up the pumps or is it an issue of not enough flow with the smaller machine? A smaller machine would be handy at times but having to wait to complete the cycle was anoying...

Replies1
  1. #1willie592011-12-17 22:23

    Not familiar with the characteristics of Bobcat 225, but would wager to say it should operate multiple functions, wouldn't be much of a digger if it couldn't. I'm thinking something wrong with the machine.