Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

thumb installation on a tak tbo16

L'ACADIEN ยท 2011-12-19 22:10

I need help, I fabricated a thumb,to install on my recent buy a tak tb016 2003 I plan on using the auxilliary lines for the thumb, how can I regulate the hydraulic pressure for the thumb cylinder to be around 1500 psi and also if the bucket pushes on the thumb I wish that the thumb cylinder can retrack so that nothing gets over pressure or overload,how not to create a vacuum on the rod side of the thumb cylinder thank for your advice, tb o1605458 Ronald Bourdages

Replies2
  1. #1willie592011-12-19 23:19

    Welcome to the forum L'ACADIEN. :usa It depends on how your auxiliary circuit is set up, aftermarket add on or connected to OEM valve body. If OEM valve body, should have circuit relief valves for aux circuit. These relief valves should be adjustable so you can set them to desired breakaway pressure to protect your thumb. If you're not sure if the relief valves are fitted or adjusted proper, you might consider contacting a local mechanic to check this out for you to make sure all things are set up properly. As for vacuum on rod side of thumb cylinder, I wouldn't worry much with that, it will work itself out. The main thing is to keep the thumb cylinder from being damaged from curl pressure of bucket.

  2. #2L'ACADIEN2011-12-20 12:09

    atco thank you for your advice,but is there some one on this site familiar with this specific machine thank