Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Hydraulic pump rebuild/ replace. 312B

Shovelworks ยท 2024-09-21 17:17

The hydraulic pump in my 312B is leaking pretty good. 2 to 3 gallons a day. This winter I would like to have it rebuilt or does it make more sense to replace it? (8JR 01751) I'm in NH

Replies5
  1. #1Kobe Steel2024-09-21 17:36

    You can get a more in depth look into the overall condition of your hydraulic system by inspecting the pump first and depending on wear of the internal components you may be able to repair it for a reasonable price.

  2. #2Shovelworks2024-09-21 17:48

    Ultimately just resealing it would be great. It's just under 10,000 hours so I'm thinking if someone is going to open it up rebuilding it would likely make sense. I like the idea of assessing the internal components to determine their condition. Do you know any companies in or near NH I could talk to about this?

  3. #3Kobe Steel2024-09-21 19:20

    Sorry, I don't know of any companies in that area, if rebuilding you will want to replace the shaft bearings at those hours. Can be a job you can carry out yourself if you are mechanically minded and a workshop with some basic tooling. If you need any information or advise just send me a pm. Google returned this hit for hydraulic services in your area. Looks like well specialized hydraulics company. NH Hydraulics, Inc. www.nh-hydraulics.com Regards

  4. #4Columbo2024-09-21 20:14

    I have had good experiences at NH Hydraulics (listed above), Curtis Hydraulics (in Hooksett) and Elite Hydraulics (in Milford). NH Hydraulics will pick up and deliver if that important to you.

  5. #5Nige2024-09-22 08:51

    You might find the attached useful. Suits all 8JR-prefix machines.