Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Hydraulic question

rzacc ยท 2013-01-25 23:58

I have a 'new' old L325 NH Steer. It suddenly quit lifting it's arms. I just got this unit, and the fluid which was very low. I filled it, and the lift arms uit working. Once in a while it will work, but intermittantly. When I activiate it, it does draw the engine rpm's down, telling me that the pump and control valve are working.....but that's about all. Anybody have any ideas as to whether or not an air bubble in the system would casue this? If so, how do I bleed it? Any other thoughts? Thanks in advance. Ron Z

Replies4
  1. #1Ropinghorns2013-01-26 09:47

    My ls180 did that. We found an intermittent problem with a seat belt switch and a weight switch under the seat that had to have you in the seat to connect. These two drove us up a wall till we figured them out.

  2. #2rzacc2013-01-26 11:02

    Thank you sir - you are a gentleman and a scholar! It worked!!! Switch bypassed it the machine works. What a dumb idea...the safety shoud kill the motor. IT could run away with you if you're not in the seat. Oh well, that's why they het paid the big bucks, I guess. R

  3. #3rzacc2013-01-26 11:06

    Roping horns? Do you build roping dummies?

  4. #4durallymax2013-01-26 19:02

    If they kill the motor its both unsafe and nobody would buy the machine. If you kill the motor the machine can roll away as there is no hydraulic pressure holding it in nuetral. In addition, having the start and stop the engine every time you buckle and unbuckle would cause them to never be able to sell a single skid steer. That would really suck.